Sunday 9 May 2010

Stack n Wack Class

Yesterday I attended a workshop with the WQC.  We did Stack n Wack.  This is one of the 4 blocks I have made so far.  It was a fun class and really great seeing what fabric every one else chose.  Show n Tell should be good.
The morning was spent cutting fabric and then the hard bit of sewing accurately so the points were good and the centre matched.  My first block needs some serious attention so I abandoned it and moved on to this one so I could have one successful block before I went home.


I made 2 more blocks today which is all I could manage since Mum came over for Mothers Day.


For my friend who turned 50, I made this journal cover.  It was a lot of fun trying out the different stitches on my sewing machine.
I hand sewed some beads on to it to finish it off.  The variegated threads give some interesting effects with the different stitches.











And for Mum for Mothers Day, I made this journal cover.

1 comment:

  1. Well Done Claire!!!! They are all so amazing!!! It is really cool being able to see what you are working on!! Keep up the great workk.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog. I always enjoy reading your comments.