Wednesday 6 January 2010

McKenna Ryan

Back on the 27th Nov 2009, I was lucky enough to be able to attend both the " Meet McKenna Ryan" session and attend the workshop at Quilters Dream.  I have "Storybook Farm" and "When Friends Gather" which I got as blocks of the month.  I had made the pig block in Storybook farm and laid out the main panel with the house and clothes line and then decided it was all too hard. 


Seeing McKenna Ryan's quilts was amazing.  She is a lovely person and gave a great talk about her life and her designing.  She is such a talented lady.  We were able to touch and photograph her lovely quilts and then in the afternoon we put together one of the roosters from "All Cooped Up" called "Dawn Patrol".

It was great learning how to lay it out and how she sews them in 1 step using monofilament thread.  I went home all fired up and although didn't manage to sew it that day, I did finish it and it looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog. I always enjoy reading your comments.