Saturday 16 June 2012

WQC Trapunto with Anna Williams

On Saturday 9th June I attended the WQC workshop with Anna Willams.
This class was her Celtic Alphabet.  
I haven't completed this one yet so will post photos when all done.
On Sunday we had Anna teach us Trapunto.

 This is Anna's class sample.
This is mine at the end of the class.  
Anna used mine to show the removal of the wash away thread so it is 
a little wet and creased.  I carefully put it in the car so it wouldn't get dirty
and DH was being helpful and got it out with dirty hands.  I washed it again
to remove the finger prints and laid it flat to dry.  Next day it was dry but
covered in muddy cat prints.
Here it is completed and made into a cushion.
I really enjoyed both classes.  Anna is a great teacher and has some really good tips.
Although I have been feeling more confident with my free motion quilting, I learnt
lots and now feel a lot more in control of my stitches.  Anna gave us all individual tuition
and I finally have the speed of my machine and my hands sorted so that I get reasonably
even and good sized stitches.  I hope I can maintain it on a big project.
Anna wouldn't let us stipple so I was forced to try other designs.

I am so pleased with my pebbles in the centre.

2 comments:

  1. Claire I am so proud of you! You have done the most amazing quilting! WELL DONE!!!! Now there will be no stopping you!!!!!!
    Happy Happy Quilting
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog. I always enjoy reading your comments.