Saturday 20 November 2010

My first quilts


This is my first quilt.

In 2005 a friend of mine took me to a shop to check out
teddy bear making classes.  This quilt was hanging on the
wall.  I walked out of the shop with the pattern as it had a Border Collie
on it.  For my birthday, hubby gave me the kitset and I started the blocks.
A work friend came over and showed me how to piece it together.  
I quilted it in the ditch with invisible thread.
After that I decided I needed to do some classes and 
went to "Ohio Stars and Courthouse Steps" with Anne Herrick
in Avondale.  It was great to learn some good techniques and my patchwork
and quilting journey began and is still going strong 5 years later.
I still love this one but I look at all the mistakes I made back then.
I decided after quilting this one that I was a piecer not a quilter.
Since then I have learnt to quilt on my Janome MC6600,  Well worth the
overtime to pay for it.


3 comments:

  1. Heard about your first quilts....now I've seen them. They're great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your first quilts. You are a natural quilter, keep up the great work.
    Happy Quilting Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the farm quilt for my grand-daughter some years ago, they live on a small farm in Kiwitea and also have a border collie. And Dad drives around on a tractor. Added a horse block as they are all into horse competitions. It is a lovely design and I had such fun making and personlizing it to suit Megan. Congratulations on your early quilts - keep stitching now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog. I always enjoy reading your comments.