This is my cushion. I bought a book last year with some lovely applique designs and really wanted to make the rabbit. I wanted my cushion to be in my favourite colours which are blue and yellow. The applique was sewn on my new sewing machine and doesn't look too bad if I do say so myself. On the back I haphazardly sewed fabirc together to make a square and used the same big print fabric as a border. All these fabrics were bought for a round robin I did through Grandmothers Garden. My Round Robin came back a lot smaller than I imagined and I plan to finally quilt it as practice on machine quilting something bigger than a tablerunner.
At Western Quilters Circle last year we could participate in a block of the month project. We were given a requirements list and each month given a pattern for a block. January was the last block and at the February workshop I put the sashing around the blocks.
At home I completed the borders and now it is on my pile to be quilted. I was lucky enough to buy some more of my feature print to use as the outer border.